Random facts are fun, aren’t they? You get to learn so much without having to go through the tedious process of learning everything about a particular thing (well, that has its own perks). So here we are…our first list of 20 random facts for today is ready for you…
921. Did you know that Cheetahs are capable of changing direction directly in midair when they are chasing a prey.
922. The eastern spotted skunk, right before it sprays, does a unique handstand.
923. The only mammals that are capable of flying are bats.
924. Cats have at least 16 ‘cat words’ that they use for communicating.
926. Kangaroos aren’t able to hop backward.
927. Between Hippos and Lions, Hippos can be far more dangerous.
928. The smallest dog breed in this world is the Chihuahua.
929. Just like its fur, a tiger’s skin is also stripped.
930. There are some hummingbirds whose hearts can beat more than a thousand (1,000) time per minute.
931. Human heart is extremely powerful. It is capable of shooting water up to 6 feet high into the air.
932. Every single minute, the entire blood in our body travels through our heart once.
933. 5 hearts – yes, earthworms have that many number of hearts.
934. In ancient Egypt, it was a belief that the soul of a person is located in the person’s heart.
936. The two-toed sloths love to spend more time hanging upside down from tree branches while the three-toed ones will usually prefer sitting on tree branch forks. Also, two-toed ones are slightly bigger.
938. There are algae that grow on the fur of the sloths. These algae help the sloths to blend with green leaves around and thereby hiding from predators.
939. The Great Horned Owl has no horns. It is so named simply because of the tufts of feathers located on the top of their heads.
940. Can you guess the top flying speed of Great Horned Owls? They can attain 40 miles per hour.