Milk myth – what is that? It simply refers to the myth that milk is healthy. Since childhood we have been forced to believe this, thanks to numerous TV advertisements by big companies that sell us this potentially deadly food and its derivatives. Weirdly enough, there are various other products that have been using this myth as their basic advertisement strategy in shadows of claims that ‘medical tests’ have proven a combination of milk and their products to be healthy for kids and adults alike. You will already know the names of some of the major brands that make use of milk myth. Horlicks and Complan are two major players that everyone has heard of.
It is just immensely disturbing that these capitalists have, for their mere profit, suppressed the truth about milk. We barely know that milk is not a healthy drink. In fact, it is a potentially deadly food product that kills thousands, if not millions of people globally every year. This article intends to reveal the dark side of milk – the real truth that everyone deserves to know because no one deserves to be a slave of greedy corporations who do not have the slightest of respect for human life.
The Milk Myth – Understanding the Irony of Milk
Milk isn’t just a food product. It is actually become an integral part of culture all over the world since the ancient times. In modern times advertisement mediums like TV, newspapers etc. have managed to embed the idea in us that drinking milk at any age is extremely beneficial because it is rich in calcium and proteins – those things that our body is heavily dependent on. In fact, we simply cannot exist without these two.
So, where is this myth popping out from? Scientific studies have shown that in a single cup of milk one can get 300mg of calcium. Guess what? It is calcium – the same thing that our bones are made of. So, milk manufacturers were quick enough to take this information and use it as a marketing strategy. They said, ‘the more calcium your body gets, the stronger your bones become’.
These capitalists however do not tell you that the calcium you get from milk is not absorbed by our body. In fact, our body loses the vital element from the storehouse (i.e. bones) in order to neutralize the ill effects of the milk. So, they simply told us a white lie and we believed because our governments allowed them to spread the lie by suppressing actual information.
What really happens when you drink milk?
Milk is very rich in protein and has positive PRAL or positive Potential Renal Acid Load (this is nothing but the measure of acidic effects that a certain food has on our body when we consume it). When milk enters the body, it makes the body far more acidic than usual. Human body is not designed to stay acidic. Acidic body condition can lead to an assorted list of health conditions. When milk consumption increases the acidic conditions in our body, a biological correction is triggered by the body instantly for neutralizing the effects of acid and making the body more alkaline.
So, what does the body do? It is a well-known and established fact that calcium is extremely effective in neutralizing acidic conditions. So, the body releases calcium. This calcium comes directly from our bones and hence, our bones start loosing the vital element.
So, what about the calcium present in milk? Why can’t it neutralize milk’s acidic effects? That’s simple. Our body can use only and only those minerals and nutrients that it can absorb. Human body is incapable of absorbing cow milk or any other milk. So, the calcium is pretty useless.
What About Human Breast Milk?
Okay, this is undeniable that mother’s milk is best for a new born baby. This is one of the facts that was used to give a massive boost to the Milk Myth. However, take a look at all mammals on this planet. Females of all mammal species give milk to their babies and humans are no different. But again, if you observe carefully, you will notice that in every mammal species apart from humans, babies stop drinking their mothers’ milk once they are weaned. That happens because once the babies are weaned, their body can no longer take in and absorb their mothers’ milk. This very same thing applies to humans as well. Unfortunately, we ignore the very fabric of nature claiming that we know everything better.
Specifically when we talk of cow milk or any other animal milk that we drink, we make a big mistake. For every animal species, the whole milk is designed specifically for that species. This means that if we start drinking milk from other animals, all we do is simply drink something that disturb our metabolic activities and invite a hell lot of physical problems.
Milk Myth and Evil of Processed Food Marry Each Other
We were initially told that processed food is good because it gets rid of harmful stuff. LIE! Processing milk only multiplies its acidifying effects several times because when milk is processed, it alters the chemistry of the milk. Does that mean raw milk is good? Yes, comparatively better because the acidifying effects will be less. However, homogenization and pasteurization manages to add to a long list of health and digestive problems that are already present in cow milk.
Milk is a Deadly Brew for Cancer Development
Did you ever wonder how many life long smokers don’t get cancer while life long milk drinkers (supposedly a healthy drink) gets cancer? The answer to this question lies in the deadly brew of 59 hormones found in cow milk. One of these hormones is known by the name IGF-1 or Insulin-like Growth Factor – 1. This is an extremely powerful growth hormone and surprisingly enough, Mother Nature decided to make sure that this hormone stays identical in both humans and cows.
The problem with IGF-1 is that it acts as a fuel for cancer. It is a well-known and established fact among the scientific community that when colon cancer or breast cancer or prostate cancer attacks, IGF-1 acts as a catalyst and helps in quick development and proliferation of these cancers. So, when you drink milk, IGF-1 enters your body and the already acidic milk gradually sets up the stage for cancer development and once cancer makes its way into the body, the dirty game starts.
The Evil Corporation Monsanto Comes Into Play
Most of you have already heard of the name Monsanto – the evil corporation that is off late taking quite some heat for developing genetically modified deadly seeds and distributing the same all over the world. That’s not the only evil thing the company did. Rewind to Vietnam War (specifically meant for US people) and recall the atrocities unleashed on the country by US. Possibly you will remember the name Agent Orange. That came out of Monsanto labs. There’s more on the list of really fine poisons – Roundup, DDT etc.
What’s their role in Milk? Well, they gave the world a genetically modified growth hormone called Posilac or better known as rbGH. Once injected in a cow, this hormone forces the cow to produce more milk! That’s good? NO! rbGH increases the IGF-1 by an astonishing 80%!
Problem is FDA (Food and Drug Administration, USA) suppressed the fact by creating a myth – “IGF-1 gets destroyed inside the stomach“. Really? If so, breast feeding becomes meaningless because IGF-1 is intended to help the baby grow. If it gets destroyed, how the hell will a baby grow?
Protein Problem Suppressed in Milk Myth
Before we move to the protein part, let us take a look at the chemical makeup of milk. A quick table will help:
85.5% to 89.5%
10.5% to 14.5%
2.5% to 6.0%
2.9% to 5.0%
3.6% to 5.5%
Minerals (such as calcium)
0.6% to 0.9%
Look closely! The majority of the milk is nothing but water. This makes milk a really expensive water that we drink. Coming to proteins, of the total amount of protein present in milk, 80% is Casein. Casein is not good. It is known to be a very powerful binder which is primarily used:
- As a polymer for plastic manufacturing. Do we need to tell you more about the harmful effects of plastic?
- As a glue or adhesive for manufacturing sturdier furniture or even sticking labels on the bottles of our favorite summer drink – beer!
Casein is not just a polymer and a glue. It is also an allergen (histamine) – a powerful one that is responsible for producing a lot of mucus.
Now take a look at solids. Do you know what that solid is? One of the primary components of the solid matter in milk is feces which is a storehouse of bacteria. You may argue that milk is pasteurized. But wait. Do you have any idea of how long it is pasteurized? Actually 3-4 times with pasteurization lasting for no more than 15 seconds at a temperature of 162 degrees Fahrenheit. Is that enough? Think again! You need several minutes of boiling at a constant temperature of 212 degrees Fahrenheit in order to sanitize water by boiling it. So, is your milk safe? Think again before drinking!
While feces is one of the most disgusting solids to find in milk, there is yet another one – PUS. Though Pus looks kind of liquid, it is nothing but somatic cells. One cc of cow milk sold commercially contains 750,000 somatic cells. Adding to that, there are 20,000 bacteria – alive and healthy in just one cc of milk. It is said that recommended daily intake of milk is 3 glasses. How much milk is that? That’s about 709.76 cc of milk. Now you can calculate the number of somatic cells and bacteria you consume with three glasses of milk!
Let’s now turn to cholesterol. Studies have revealed that every 3 glass of milk delivers the exact same amount of cholesterol as 53 bacon slices. How much bacon are you supposed to eat a day?
Coming to minerals, we said that there is calcium in milk and we also said that our body is just unable to absorb that calcium. Why so? Because calcium absorption requires magnesium. Problem is when we are consuming milk, we are getting calcium but we are not getting enough magnesium that can help the body to absorb and use the calcium. One cup or 8 ounces of milk contains 291.336 milligrams of calcium and just 32.79 milligrams of magnesium. According to nature’s design, our body requires 1 milligram of magnesium to absorb the exact same amount of calcium. This means that for every one cup of milk we drink, we manage to absorb only 32.79 milligrams of calcium.
Information Suppressed by Milk Myth
The Milk Myth which states that drinking milk is a healthy practice and encourages people (adults and children alike) to drink milk regularly has actually suppressed a hell lot of information from public. Let us take a look at the list of bad effects of milk that is not disclosed for the sheer profit of the capitalist firms and of course the big pharma companies that want you to fall sick so that they can sell their drugs to you at overrated prices.
- We know that diabetes is one of the commonest problems all over the world. Did you know that milk contains lactalbumin – a protein which causes diabetes? That’s one reason why infants and kids should not be given cow milk. Do you now have the answer to the question – “why the hell are more and more young children getting diabetes in today’s world?”
- Have you ever heard of a disease called Johne’s Diseases? Well, if you haven’t, then that’s because it affects cattle and is caused by mycobacterium paratuberculosis. In this disease, cows are affected by diarrhea. When that happens fecal bacteria shedding increases significantly. The bacteria then goes in milk and gets cultured. Unfortunately, pasteurization of milk is not designed for eliminating this bacteria and hence, it manages to eventually get inside human body that leads to IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome and even Chron’s Disease.
- Leukemia in cows is pretty common in USA (as per Hoards Diaryman, Volume 147). How common? 89% of US cattle are infected with leukemia. We don’t know the plight of cattle in other countries but there should not be a significant difference.
- What about pesticides, herbicides etc.? The cows feed on plants and grass that are treated with harmful chemicals that are produced by companies like Monsanto. These harmful chemicals are passed on to humans through cow milk which eventually winds up in human body fat. Is that good?
- How about cow fart? Though not directly related to milk, cows do fart and produce quite a lot of methane just like other hot-blooded mammals do (including humans). The English New Scientist published a study where it was revealed that on an average, a cow produces nearly 48 kilograms of methane a year. Today cows are genetically modified to eat more and produce more milk. The more they eat, the more they fart and hence, more methane released in atmosphere. So now imagine how much methane can be released by farmed animals? Why the hell are we talking of methane? That’s because methane is far more dangerous as a greenhouse gas compared to carbon dioxide.
- All antibiotics and herbicides and pesticides that get into a cow’s body are eventually released back into nature as urine and cow dung, leading to unchecked pollution, polluting our lakes, rivers, streams and food sources.
- Our body is designed to ensure that large fat molecules fail to get into our bloodstream through our intestinal wall. What does homogenization of milk does? It ensure that large fat molecules are broken down to smaller pieces, allowing them to easily pass into the bloodstream through intestinal walls and then all toxins that are borne by fats also manage to get into the bloodstream and reach very vital and well-protected organs in our body.
So, is milk good? NO! While it really kills you slowly, the most important and brutal thing it does is robs your bones of the vital calcium. This is why, osteoporosis is very high in those who routinely drink milk. You don’t need to take our word for this. A study has already been conducted on a controlled group of 78,000 nurses over a period of 12 years. You can find the study here. So, Milk Myth that we all believe in is actually killing us instead of making us healthy. Use a simple logic folks. Before the capitalists found a way to store, pasteurize and transport milk over long distances, where was the ‘milk is good for health’ advertisement. It wasn’t there. Now we see it everyday on televisions and other advertisement channels. Say NO to milk today and save yourself and your children.
What Types of Diseases the Milk Myth Has Exposed Us To?
This is one really hell of list that you will see here. Prepare yourselves to get choked on the list and then you can decide whether to keep believing in Milk Myth or just avoid drinking it. Just to clarify, the list (Please refer to National Library of Medicine that can be accessed through this link) contains diseases that are either caused by dairy products or are related to diary products:
- Appetite loss
- Retarded growth
- Canker strokes
- Mouth, tongue and lips’ irritation
- Enlargement of tonsils
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Sandifer’s syndrome
- Stomach cramps
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Intestinal obstruction
- Diabetes Type I
- Abdominal distentions
- Bloody stools
- Fecal soiling
- Painful fecal discharge
- Infantile colic
- Infantile food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome
- Chronic constipation
- Chron’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Runny nose
- Nasal stiffness
- Pulmonary infiltrates
- Otitis media
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Beheta’s disease
- Atopic dermatitis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Scleorsis
- Allergic-tension fatigue syndrome
- Mental depression
- Bed wetting or enuresis
- Muscle pain
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Abnormal blood clotting
- Low serum proteins
- Anaphylactic shock and death
- Nephrotic syndrome
So, acceptance of Milk Myth or NO to milk? Which one do you prefer? We prefer NO. It is your turn to choose!
http://www.nlm.nih.gov (search for cow’s milk to find the list of diseases that can occur because of cow’s milk)