502. “The Ugly Wife is a Treasure at Home” – this is a Chinese idiom and is very common in China.
503. Washington state still has provision of execution by hanging for its prisoners.
504. Bill Gates once said that there will be no such thing called a poor country in this world by the time we reach 2035. That doesn’t sound like it is going to happen.
505. Philippines has made divorce illegal.
506. 141 patents were awarded to Steve Jobs posthumously!
507. In Africa, what’s the leading cause of adolescent deaths? Any guess? It’s AIDS.
508. Even dolphins like to get high just like humans do! In order to achieve that, they will simply find and chew pufferfish.
509. It’s Holy Water that is used for baptizing right? In England, back in the 14th century, cider was used for the purpose.
510. Every two seconds, there will be one US citizen who will be in need of blood.
511. Blood donation is a noble cause right? Well it is unless you look at the capitalist side. Your donated blood is sold in open market. Just how big that industry is? It is a USD 4.5 billion industry!
512. It takes only 7 minutes for an average person to fall asleep.
513. On an average women (not the rich ones) own 19 shoe pairs but end up using just 7 pairs.
514. Human fat that is sucked out using Liposuction can actually be used as fuel.
515. You think America tops the world when it comes to making movies per year? Think again! The crown goes to Nigeria.
516. Can you imagine someone who is dead is being put on trial? A Catholic Church actually did that and the person put on trial was none other than a dead pope.
517. If just a single ton of paper is recycled in a single year, it helps to save water to the tune of 7,000 gallons, oil to the tune of 682.5 tomes and landfill space to the tune of 3.3 cubic yards!
518. Chuck Feeney was a billionaire in the past. Now, he has a worth of only 2 million dollars. He had 7.5 billion dollars out of which, 99% was donated by him for helping underprivileged children in going to college.
519. A letter was written to Steve Jobs by Bill Gates when Jobs was dying. Jobs’ wife kept the letter beside his bed.
520. Cacao beans can work as currency! At least that’s what has happened for the Aztecs. During their times a hen used to cost 100 cacao beans.