A morally upright person is always on their best behavior around others. They will never damage or wrong another individual.
There are numerous moral standards that one must possess. However, the five most important moral principles are honesty, inventiveness, helpfulness, kindness, and self-awareness. Nonetheless, immorality and morality are rather near to one another.
To live with a feeling of morality is our objective. Read the following morality quotes to learn everything there is to know about morality.
Awesome Morality Quotes
1. “A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon this world.” – Albert Camus.
2. “A moral victory which compels the enemy to recognize the moral superiority of his opponent and his own impotence was won by the Russians at Borodino.” – Narrator, ‘War And Peace, Part III: The Year 1812’.
3. “Act well your part: there all the honor lies.” – Alexander Pope.
4. “All men alike stand condemned, not by alien codes of ethics, but by their own, and all men therefore are conscious of guilt.” – C. S. Lewis.
5. “All the dry ethics of the world turn to dust because apart from God they are lifeless.” – Gandhi.
6. “Any tool can be used for good or bad. It’s really the ethics of the artist using it.” – John Knoll.
7. “Bring love and peace and happiness and beautiful lives into the world in my honor.” Aron Ralston.
8. “Children often have a much stronger concept of morality than adults.” – Nina Bawden.
“Compassion is the basis of morality.” – Arthur Schopenhauer.
9. “Divorced from ethics, leadership is reduced to management and politics to mere technique.” – James MacGregor Burns.
10. “Do not do an immoral thing for moral reasons.” – Thomas Hardy.
Inspiring Morality Quotes
11. “Ethics and equity and the principles of justice do not change with the calendar.” – D. H. Lawrence.
12. “Ethics is in origin the art of recommending to others the sacrifices required for co-operation with oneself.” – Bertrand Russell.
13. “Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do.” – Potter Stewart.
14. “Ethics or simple honesty is the building blocks upon which our whole society is based.” – Kerry Stokes.
15. “Even if everyone else is not doing good, I alone will. Even if everyone else is doing wrong, I alone will not.” – Gautama Buddha.
16. “Even the most rational approach to ethics is defenseless if there isn’t the will to do what is right.” – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
17. “Every aspect of Western culture needs a new code of ethics – a rational ethics – as a precondition of rebirth.” Ayn Rand.
18. “Every young man would do well to remember that all successful business stands on the foundation of morality.” – Henry Ward Beecher.
19. “Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.” – Ayn Rand.
20. “He’s a high-tech genius whose morals make Muammar Kadafi look like Mother Teresa!” – Max Reisler, ‘Cube²: Hypercube’.
Wonderful Morality Quotes
21. “Honor is like an island, rugged and without a beach; once we have left it, we can never return.” – Nicolas Boileau-Despréaux.
22. “I do not believe in immortality of the individual.” – Albert Einstein.
23. “I think morals are good for you, I love morals, and the moral of this story is: ‘If you’re walkin’ on eggs, don’t hop’.” – ‘Blue Thunder’.
24. “I think television’s become a downright dangerous thing. It has no moral barometer whatsoever. If you want to talk about something that is all about money, just watch the television.” – Tom Petty.
25. “If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization.” – Robert Noyce.
26. “I’ll save the grain of sand falling from the hands of providence for my morality lessons.” – Nicole Horner, ‘Diabolique’.
27. “In law, a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics, he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.” – Immanuel Kant.
28. “It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.” – Mark Twain.
29. “Moral excellence comes about as a result of habit.” – Aristotle.
30. “Morality comes with the sad wisdom of age, when the sense of curiosity has withered.” – Graham Greene.
Amazing Morality Quotes
31. “Morality is of the highest importance – but for us, not for God.” – Albert Einstein.
32. “Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we personally dislike.” – Oscar Wilde.
33. “Morality is the basis of things and truth is the substance of all morality.” – Gandhi.
34. “Morality is truth in full bloom.” – Victor Hugo.
35. “Morality knows nothing of geographical boundaries, or distinctions of race.” – Herbert Spencer
36. “My personal philosophy of life is one of ethics.” – Alva Myrdal.
37. “No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” – Calvin Coolidge.
38. “People of our type see in morality a purely human matter, albeit the most important in the human sphere.” – Albert Einstein.
39. “Pickering: Have you no morals, man?
Doolittle: Nah. Nah, can’t afford ’em, guv’nor. Neither could you, if you was as poor as me.” – ‘My Fair Lady’.
40. “Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.” – Lois McMaster Bujold.
Encouraging Morality Quotes
41. “The best way to teach morality is to make it a habit with children.” – Aristotle.
42. “The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better.” – John Dewey.
43. “The greatest tragedy in mankind’s entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.” – Arthur C. Clarke.
44. “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Gandhi
45. “The higher the building the lower the morals.” – Noel Coward.
46. “The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live.” – Ayn Rand.
47. “The quality of moral behavior varies in inverse ratio to the number of human beings involved.” – Aldous Huxley.
48. “There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair.” – Albert Einstein.
49. “To love our neighbor as ourselves is such a truth for regulating human society, that by that alone one might determine all the cases in social morality.” – John Locke.
50. “We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.” – Ronald Reagan.
Moving Morality Quotes
51. “When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead!” – John Greenleaf Whittier.
52. “When morals decline and good men do nothing, evil flourishes.” – J. Edgar Hoover
53. “Wherever I look, I see signs of the commandment to honor one’s parents and nowhere of a commandment that calls for the respect of a child.” – Alice Miller.
54. “Whether we believe in God or karma, ethics is the foundation of every religion.” – Dalai Lama.
55. “You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.” – Aristotle.
56. “Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.” – Malcolm, ‘Jurassic Park’.
57. “Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something. ― Henry David Thoreau
58. “He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.” ― Emmanuel Kant
59. “In a word, I was too cowardly to do what I knew to be right, as I had been too cowardly to avoid doing what I knew to be wrong.” ― Charles Dickens
60. “It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.” ― Voltaire
Energizing Morality Quotes
61. “It’s discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.” ― Noël Coward
62. “Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we personally dislike.” ― Oscar Wilde
63. “Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.” ― T.S. Eliot
64. “The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Western crudity and barbarity. Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality.” ― Arthur Schopenhauer
65. “The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.” Oscar Wilde
66. “The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” ― Dante Alighieri
67. “The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.” ― Carl Gustav Jung
68. “Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often.” ― Mae West
69. “Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault. Those who find beautiful meanings in beautiful things are the cultivated. For these there is hope. They are the elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty. There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all.” ― Oscar Wilde
70. “To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
71. “We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid.” ― Christopher Hitchens