Facebook is undoubtedly the most used social networking site ever. It made everyone’s life easy. You can connect with long lost friends or neighbors or colleagues just with a simple search. Not just that, you can make a lot of new friends on this social media platform. So, without wasting any time, let us dive into fun Facebook facts.
Facebook Facts: 1-10
1. 30% of the people who use internet use Facebook more than once every day.
2. As of today, 250 billion photos have been uploaded in Facebook.
3. Facebook users generate around four million likes a minute.
4. 45% of the people receive news through Facebook.
5. 40% of the people agreed that they would share their data regarding health with Facebook.
6. Needless to say, main page of Facebook is the most popular page. It has around 213 million likes. Samsung page comes second with 159 million likes, and with 122 million likes, Cristiano Ronaldo comes third.
7. 200 million people use Facebook lite.
8. 22% of Americans internet time is taken up by the Facebook. Google (including YouTube) takes up around 11%.
9. Overall Facebook users spend around 20 minutes each day on Facebook.
10. As of third quarter of 2018, there are 2.357 billion monthly active users of Facebook.
Facebook Facts: 11-20
11. Out of these, over 1 billion of them are mobile-only users.
12. Daily active users are nearly 1.5 billion.
13. 83% of the parents on Facebook are friends with children.
14. Half of the people who use internet but not Facebook live with people who use Facebook.
15. Mean of friends is 338 and median of friends is 200.
16. 26.3% of the people worldwide use Facebook.
17. 6 new profiles are added every second i.e. in a day, there are around 500,000 new profiles added to Facebook.
18. 47% of the users of Facebook access the site only through mobile phone.
19. Net income of Facebook as of third quarter of 2018 is $5.14 billion!
20. It is the fourth most valuable brand in the entire world.
Facebook Facts: 21-30
21. Salary of Mark Zuckerberg is just $1 a year! His net worth is $80 billion!
22. Facebook has around 34,000 employees.
23. In one month, an average Facebook user clicks on 8 ads, likes around 10 posts, and makes 4 comments.
24. In one day, people upload 350 million photos a day.
25. All the users of Facebook spend a whopping 927 million hours playing Facebook games in one month.
26. 66% of the millennials i.e. people of the age group 15 to 34 years use Facebook.
27. Users share 1.3 million content pieces each minute of a day on Facebook.
28. 150,000 messages are sent on Facebook every minute and 500,000 Facebook ‘likes’ each minute. There are 100,000 friend requests every ten minutes.
29. 73% of the ad revenue of Facebook comes from mobile advertising. It earns around $2.5 billion each quarter from mobile advertising.
30. The first face on Facebook was of Al Pacino’s.
Facebook Facts: 31-40
31. Co-founder of PayPal, Peter Thiel, was the first investor (big scale) to support Facebook. He invested an amount of $500,000 in 2004. He later sold his stake for $1 billion.
32. If you want more engagement, post one to two posts a day against three or more than three posts a day on Facebook.
33. Videos are the most shared content on Facebook.
34. Users of Facebook watched around 1 billion videos a day!
35. Posts which are posted anywhere between 10 PM to 11 PM EST get around 88% more interactions on an average than posts published or posted at different times.
36. If your post ends with a question, its interaction increases by 162%.
37. A minute of downtime costs Facebook approximately $24,420.
38. For every user in the US and Canada, Facebook earns $5.85 on an average.
39. There are over 2 million active advertisers on Facebook.
40. Facebook stores around 300 petabytes of data of users in its servers.
Facebook Facts: 41-50
41. Mark Zuckerberg suffers from color-blindness. He can’t see red and green colors clearly.
42. 76% of women are users of Facebook as against 66% of men.
43. Most of the users of Facebook are from the age group 25 to 34 years.
44. Highest traffic levels of Facebook are seen from 1 PM to 3 PM.
45. There are around 83 million fake Facebook profiles!
46. Over 50% of the people aged 18 to 24 years check their Facebook profile the moment they wake up.
47. There are over 307 million users of Facebook in Europe.
48. You can actually change the language on your Facebook profile to ‘pirate’.
49. By the start of 2019, Facebook had branches in over 70 cities.
50. An average US user of Facebook spends around 40 minutes each day on Facebook.
Facebook Facts: 51-60
51. Facebook experiences 600,000 hacking attempts each day.
52. Facebook can track (if it wants to) the websites you visit even after you log out or signed out from Facebook.
53. There are 30 million dead people on Facebook! [Profiles of 30 million people who are already dead!]
54. China blocked New York Times, Twitter, and Facebook since 2009.
55. 1/3rd of divorce filings in the year 2011 in the US had the word ‘Facebook’.
56. You can’t block Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook.
57. It may be funny but a blogger actually hired a woman to slap him hard every time he signs in to his Facebook account.
58. 5% of the Britishers use Facebook while having sex.
59. According to Facebook data, couple break up most just weeks before Christmas.
60. Brian Acton was rejected when he went for a job in Facebook in 2009. In 2014, Facebook had to purchase the brainchild of Brian Acton, WhatsApp for $19 billion.