The mobile phone facts that you learn in this article will leave you surprised. Why so? You will get to know as you start reading this article. We are super excited to write them down. So, instead of wasting time in writing crap, let us start right away.
Mobile Phone Facts: 1-5
1. 6.8 billion people live on this planet named Earth. Only 3.5 billion of them use toothbrushes. But, 4 billion use mobile phones.
2. 91% of all adult users of mobile phones keep their phones within arms reach for 24 hours a day.
3. In America, the internet is accessed only through mobile phones by 25% of the mobile users of the nation.
4. There are 5 times more mobile phones present in this world than PCs.
5. 82% of adults in America own and use a mobile phone.
Mobile Phone Facts: 6-10
6. In the UK 51% of all mobile subscribes have smartphones. In the US, however, this percentage is 49%.
7. 90% of all text messages received are read within 3 minutes of delivery.
8. The smartphone that you are using now has more computing power than computers that aided Apollo 11 moon landing.
9. Mobile phones went on sale in 1983 in the US. Price? Nearly $4,000 each.
10. In 2012, 340,000 iPhones were sold by Apple every single day.
Mobile Phone Facts: 11-15
11. Compared to toilet handles, mobile phones have 18X more bacteria.
12. 90% of all cell phones used in Japan are waterproof. The reason is weird. Youngsters use their phones in showers, and hence, waterproof phones.
13. Radiations from a mobile phone can lead to health conditions like confusion, headache and insomnia.
14. Urine can be used for charging cell phones. Scientists have come up with a method of doing so.
15. Martin Cooper was the first man to make a call using a mobile phone. He did that in 1973. In case you don’t know, he was actually an inventor in Motorola.
Mobile Phone Facts: 16-20
16. The iPhone from Apple has greater value than everything from Microsoft combined.
17. If you are afraid of losing your phone’s signal or losing your mobile phone, it is known as Nomophobia.
18. Did you ever own a Nokia 1100 mobile phone? 250 million units of the phone were sold. This makes the device to be the best selling gadget in history of all electronic devices.
19. In Britain 100,000 mobiles are dropped into the toilet by their users every year.
20. There are more people in this world with cell phones than toilets.
Mobile Phone Facts: 21-25
21. Same as the USA, there are more people in China who access the internet through their mobile phones than PCs.
22. When it comes to web traffic, 27% of upstream traffic is consumed by photo uploaded through mobile phones to Facebook.
23. One iPhone, if charged completely once in a single day, consumes electricity worth $0.25 every year.
24. Of all smartphone users in the world, a staggering 65% users download absolutely no app per month.
5. There are nearly 250,000 separate patents that make up the whole technology of a smartphone.
Mobile Phone Facts: 26-30
26. Of all mobile malwares, 99% are targeted towards those who use Android phones.
27. How many times a person unlocks his or her smartphone in a day? That’s 110 times on average.
28. In Finland there is an official sport of throwing mobile phones.
29. Divorcing a partner using text messages is considered a crime in Malaysia.
30. A survey was conducted with millennials. 47% agreed that they use smartphones at times with the sole intention of avoiding people around them.
Mobile Phone Facts: 31-35
31. Of all mobile phones in the world, 70% are produced in China alone.
32. £ 142,000 is the highest mobile phone bill ever in a single month. That bill belonged to Celina Aarons.
33. The costliest phone in this world is iPhone 5 Black Diamond. It is worth $15 million.
34. Specialty of iPhone 5 Black Diamond is that it is made of 135 grams of 24 carat solid gold. There are 600 white diamonds inlaid in the chassis. It took 9 weeks to build the phone.
35. 49% of smartphone users spend most of their time with their smartphone doing what? Gaming! 30% mobile users spend most time with their smartphone on social networking sites.
Mobile Phone Facts: 36-40
36. Which is the toughest phone in this world? It is Sonim XP3300 Force. According to Guinness World Records, this phone survived an 84 feet drop and was still fully functional.
37. BellSouth Cellular was the company to launch the world’s first smartphone. The phone was launched in 1993 at Wireless World Conference held in Florida. The phone had an LCD touchscreen.
38. The name of the phone launched by BellSouth Cellular was Simon and was designed by IBM. Its price was $899.
39. Ringxiety is a condition where a person thinks that his or her phone is ringing or vibrating. This is also known as Phantom Vibration Syndrome. Sometimes it also goes by the name Phantom Ringing.
40. There is something called Frigensophobia. It is nothing but the fear that using a mobile phone is damaging one’s brain.