Hair is pretty interesting and history says it clearly that human hair has gone through intensive amounts of stereotyping, research and vanity. How humans perceive each other is, to a great extent, determined by hair traits. This alone calls for a quick look into some of the interesting human hair facts. You may know some of these facts but we are pretty sure that the others that you don’t know will leave you amazed! Let’s start exploring!
Interesting Human Hair Facts: 1-10
1. Human hair grows faster with the mere anticipation of sex!
2. Hair is the storehouse of information. One can find out everything that has been into a person’s bloodstream by analyzing a strand of hair and that includes medicine, drugs, alcohol, vitamins and minerals.
3. There are, on an average, 100,000 to 150,000 strands of hair on a human head.
4. A single strand of hair is capable of supporting 100 grams of weight, which simply means that all hair strands taken together can support up to two (2) tons of weight. This is equivalent to the weight of two elephants.
5. A person’s gender cannot be identified using hair.
6. Hair elasticity is greater for Asians than any other races in this entire world. Interestingly, Asian hair grows faster compared to other races!
7. Hair growth is stimulated in warm weather and hence, if you are a resident of any warm weather area, your hair will grow faster than people in cold weather area.
8. Contrary to the popular belief among women, trimming of hair never promotes hair growth.
9. The commonest hair color in this world is black and the rarest is red.
10. Some weirdos tried to figure out the correlation between personality perception and hair color and after a survey they figured out that blondes represent fun and flirty, redheads represent strong, brown hair represents serious and smart.
Interesting Human Hair Facts: 11-20
11. Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in human body with the first position being taken by bone marrow.
12. Our body has insulating fat layers. The only place where the layer is absent is our head. Thus, our hair works as insulators.
13. Hair is made of dead cells but the hair root is alive. The hair root is present between the epidermis. The part of the hair above epidermis is dead.
14. Once a hair strand is plucked, another one starts growing.
15. Everyone is this world loses about 50 to 100 strands of hair every single day. Well it can be a few less or few more.
16. Hair follicles are completely independent of each other.
17. 90% Japanese people wash their hair twice a day while 80% of North Americans wash their hair twice a day. In Europe people usually wash their hair thrice a week while only 1/4th of the European population wash their hair daily.
18. Hair grows at the rate of 1 cm per month but only Asian hair grows at the rate of 1.3 cm per month. However, Asian hair has lowest density of all. The slowest hair growth rate is among African. Their hair grow at the rate of 0.9 cm per month but their hair density is highest.
19. There is no difference between male and female hair in terms of growth cycle and structure.
20. Of the total world population on 4% have naturally red hair.