Human eyes can be puzzling. They are extremely complex and it is because of these complexities that they keep surprising us so much! Here are some amazing facts about human eyes that you may enjoy.
Interesting Nose Facts: 1-10
1. Number of working parts present in human eyes is more than 2 million.
2. Human eyes are capable of focusing at 50+ things at any given second.
3. Humans don’t really use their eyes to see. It is the brain! Poor vision, blurry vision etc. are all results of technical problems in brain‘s visual cortex.
4. Human eyes have fastest lens known to mankind. They are way faster than any known camera lens. While camera lenses take a few seconds to focus on objects at different distances, human eyes can adjust focus almost instantly without any noticeable lag.
5. Human eyes blink 17 times every minute on an average. This sums up to 14,280 blinks each day and 5.2 million blinks every year.
6. Eyes blink less when reading and more when talking.
7. One blink can last anywhere between 100 to 150 milliseconds. This means a person can blink up to 5 times in one second. This means that eye muscles are the fastest muscles in human body.
8. There are 107 million cells in a single eye that are sensitive to light. This means that there are 214 million photosensitive cells in two eyes.
9. Of these 107 million cells, only 7 million cells known as cones are responsible for detecting color. Remaining 100 million cells known as rods are responsible for distinguishing between white and black.
10. Every individual in this world having blue eyes have only one common ancestor. The first ever person with blue eyes lived about 10,000 years ago. It was then that every human had only brown eyes.