Facts! Aren’t they amazing? We get to learn so much about everything around us every moment but there are certain simple facts that we don’t really think of much. In fact, when you start giving a thought to those facts, you end up crazy and stressed. Let us today learn 30 such weird facts that will invariably make us think.
Weird Facts That Will Make You Think: 1-10
1. We don’t know exactly how we would calculate our age if Earth didn’t orbit around the Sun! That’s because every time Earth orbits the Sun, we complete one year. So, what if we lived on a planet that didn’t travel around its star?
2. Our thoughts define our acts. This means that our acts are only mirror image of our thoughts. Despite that, our thoughts define who we are to ourselves and our actions define who we are to others. Interestingly, these two versions of ‘us’ are completely different.
3. Our body – the whole of us – are made of hydrogen, oxygen and other elements. They are put in a way that we are capable of thinking. So essentially, it is not us who are thinking. It is these elements like hydrogen and oxygen and carbon and others that think. Essentially, the whole universe has consciousness and we are only a part of it – a really tiny part.
4. Every single year, we pass our own death anniversary and we don’t notice and we don’t mourn. Once we die, we don’t notice and don’t mourn either!
5. The alphabets – A, B, C, D… – you know what? There is absolutely no reason why they should be arranged in that fashion, i.e. A to Z. Take a look at your keyboard.
6. The oldest human or the first human on this planet was actually from a family of primates who were not humans.
8. The most complex thing ever known to human brain that exists on planet Earth in human brain. Interestingly, the human brain doesn’t yet completely know how a human brain functions.
9. Try licking your elbow. You can never ever do that no matter how many times you try.
10. The most widely accepted theory is that our universe started with Big Bang. Fine, that small, infinitely dense point in which the whole of universe was packed, where did that come from? Also, scientists say that space and time all started with Big Bang. Fine! But the question is, ‘If space and time started with Big Bang, then where was that small, intensely dense point hanging out?’ It need a space. And packing everything in that small point needed some time, right?