Interesting Ginger Facts: 21-25 | Ginger Uses
21. Ginger is also processed in form of candies and can be easily found in China. If that isn’t enough, one can find gingerbread, ginger biscuits, ginger snaps, speculaas, parkin etc. in western countries.
22. Heard of ginger tea? It is a herbal tea that is often used for medicinal properties in alternative medicines in various countries of the world.
23. Then there is ginger wine! Yes, it literally is wine but it has ginger flavor. It is produced in United Kingdom. This ginger wine is sold in green glass bottles.
24. When it comes to uses for health benefits, there’s a lot to say. So, we will create a completely different article on ginger health benefits. But for now, know that traditional medical practices such as Ayurveda of India and traditional Chinese medicines, ginger has been used for curing problems like morning sickness, stomach upset, motion sickness, nausea, expelling intestinal gas etc.
25. Ginger is also used for making ginger beer by both Jamaicans and Greeks. These are basically traditional carbonated beverages.
Interesting Ginger Facts: 26-30 | Ginger Fun Facts
26. Did you know that during 13th century and 14th century, one could buy a sheep by paying with one pound of ginger?
27. When ginger slices are put in sweet vinegar, it turns pink in color. It is this pickled ginger that you can see in sushi in Japan.
28. Did you know that Europe came to know about ginger only in 800 CE. After that, ginger became the second ranking spice for several centuries. First position was taken by pepper.
29. Did you know that while Asians usually use ginger in regular cooking, Europeans usually make use of ginger as exotic flavoring in items like fruit salads, carrot soup cream etc. People in United Kingdom are known for using ground ginger as a condiment.
30. There is an island called Ginger Island. The only problem is that no one can cultivate ginger there are there are no inhabitants on the island.