The Bélmez Faces (also sometimes known as the Faces of Bélmez) is one of the most famous paranormal activities that took place in 20th century. Some people just blow it off as a well-staged and elaborate hoax while others consider it to be true. We really don’t know what’s true and what’s wrong. All we know is that the phenomenon is quite eerie and if at all it is an elaborate hoax, the person behind it is nothing less than a maestro! So, let us learn 30 interesting Bélmez Faces facts! It will be a fun read!
Interesting Bélmez Faces Facts: 1-10
1. The Faces of Bélmez refer to a phenomenon that started in 1971 in Spain’s Pereira family home.
2. This phenomenon is today considered by many parapsychologists as the best-documented and most important paranormal phenomenon of 20th century.
3. On August 23, 1971, the lady of the Pereira family, María Gómez Cámara claimed that a face was spontaneously formed on the concrete floor of her kitchen.
4. After the first face emerged, María’s husband Juan Pereira and her son Miguel took a pickaxe and destroyed the face.
5. After the face was destroyed, a new concrete floor was laid down only to provide a fresh canvas for yet another face to emerge from nowhere in about a week’s time.
6. This time, the mayor of Bélmez stepped in and ordered the family not to destroy the face.
7. The mayor ordered the piece of the floor where the face emerged to be cut out and removed for thorough investigation.
8. As it goes, something creepy and paranormal manages to get immediate attention, María’s home attracted attention.
9. According to mysterious-planet.com, Pereira family approached the city council for help. Upon receiving the request, an excavation of the ground underneath the kitchen floor was carried out.
10. According to that website, many skeletons (many of which were headless) were unearthed from the depths of 9 feet. These skeletons were tested and were found to be from 13th century.