So, here is some fodder for your brain – poop facts! Alrighty there – it’s kinda icky but hey, I poop, you poop, everyone on this planet poops! It’s an undeniable universal truth and if your bowel movement is causing trouble at your work, it’s about time you quickly learn about your turd. It really has a lot to say – way more than you really imagine. But hey, we don’t really want to sound like the geeky doctors who just educate, educate and educate. We are going to give you a mix of important and fun poop facts so that you can enjoy reading through. So, lets get started with 30 icky and interesting poop facts.
Interesting Poop Facts: 1-10
1. Indian squatting posture for pooping is by far the most scientific and effective method of pooping. Westerners – take that! You have a lot to learn about how to poop!
2. The stinky turd that comes out from your (as a matter of fact, everyone’s) bottom has 75% water and the remaining 25% is the solid part.
3. The 25% solid part is basically a combination of mucus, cells, live and dead microbes and fiber.
4. Poop color has a lot to tell about your physical health. The ideal poop color should be brown. This brown color comes from bile which is secreted from liver and aids in digestion. Dr. Bernard Aserkoff – a GI specialist from Boston’s Massachusetts General Hospital says that the food we eat takes 3 days to end up as poop. During this time, the green bile does its job and creates the brown turd.
5. Poop is going to be greener in color if it ends up becoming poop before three days. The green color comes from the bile.
6. Black stool is altogether a different story and can literally mean serious health conditions. Black color may be a result of internal bleeding due to cancer or ulcer. Black stool is usually very stinky and also pretty sticky.
7. Just because the poop turned out to be black doesn’t necessarily mean a serious health condition. It can be an outcome of medications consisting of bismuth subsalicylate or vitamins and iron.
8. Grey clay colored poop can indicate trouble. It can indicate a liver disease or some kind blockage preventing proper bile flow.
9. Stinky poop is not necessarily a bad sign. If your family members aren’t able to use the toilet for an hour or two after you finish off your pooping ritual, it will simply mean that there’s plenty of bacteria in your gut that are sweating (working) hard to keep you healthy. The stink is actual a result of bacterial actions on the food during digestion process.
10. The modern method of sitting and pooping as opposed to the traditional squatting position can actually lead to pelvic and colon diseases such as diverticulitis (a situation in which poop gets trapped in colon), constipation, hemorrhoids etc. So, you better squat and poop.