Garlic Health Benefits Facts: 21-25
21. Acne Reduction: Talking of garlic health benefits facts, we can never miss out on the cosmetic and beauty aspects, can we? Garlic has very powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties , it can be used for acne reduction because acne is caused by clogged pores, toxins accumulation as well as bacterial infections. Source
22. Psoriasis Smoothening: To start with, there are no scientific evidences for this. However, it is a known fact that psoriasis (an autoimmune and incurable skin disease) leads to scaly, red and itchy skin in areas such as knees, elbows and scalp. It is however known that psoriasis is caused by inflammation. The basic logic is that garlic is known for its very powerful anti-inflammatory properties and hence, eating raw garlic cloves is often suggested for smoothening psoriasis.
23. Stretch Mark Removal: It is more like a home remedy that has been used over and again. Massing with hot oil and garlic is said to reduce and get rid of stretch marks quickly. However, there are no scientific evidences to back it up. You can always give it a try!
24. Delaying Aging: One of the primary reasons for premature aging is oxidative stress coupled with genes, unhealthy habits such as smoking and eating junk food, inflammation etc. Garlic is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties and hence, is capable of scavenging free radicals and reducing oxidative stress. In addition to that scientists have also found that the active compound called S-allyl-cysteine is responsible for protecting the skin from damage caused by UV rays of Sun. Guess what? Scientists have also collected evidences via experiments that garlic helps human skin cell synthesis. (Source, Source)
25. Hair Loss Prevention: Bad eating habits, oxidative stress, stress, impure water, pollution – all contributes to hair loss. Scientific research shows when garlic is used with betamethasone valerate, hair loss can be prevented effectively! Source
Garlic Health Benefits Facts: 26-30
26. Athlete’s Foot Treatment: Yeast infection or fungal infection causes athlete’s foot, which also goes by the name tinea pedis. Because garlic has strong antifungal and antimicrobial properties, consuming garlic daily can help to tinea pedis or ringworm of the foot.
27. Weight Loss Aid: This is something everyone wants and garlic is by far the most effective weapon in hand. It hits right at the very root of the problem by inhibiting expression of adipogenic tissues, reducing bad cholesterol and increasing thermogenesis. All these are required at once for reducing weight and garlic seems to fit the bill just right! (Source, Source)
28. Improved Absorption of Zinc and Iron: Many of our cellular functions are dependent on zinc and iron and our body needs to properly absorb both. Garlic is known to be sulfur-rich and scientists say that sulfur is needed for influencing bioavailability of both the elements. Those people who are zinc and / or iron deficient should consider eating raw garlic everyday! Source
29. Kills Brain Tumor Cells: Glioblastomas is very deadly type of brain tumor. Medical University of South Carolina scientists have observed that three organo-sulfur compounds from garlic called DATS, DADS and DAS can effectively kill the cells of glioblastomas. The most effective of the three is the DATS. Source
30. Ethanol/Alcohol-Induced Liver Injury Protection: Scientists from Institute of Toxicology, School of Public Health, Shandong University, China conducted studies where they found that DADS or diallyl disulfide – an organo-sulfur compound of garlic can protect against liver injury caused by ethanol/alcohol. Source