Interesting Emu War Facts: 21-25
21. Meredith however claimed that the operations led to the death of 2,500 additionally died because of bullet wounds.
THE EMU VICTORY
22. Military operations ended on 10th of December 1932 but the problem did not end that year. The farmers asked for assistance in 1934, 1943 and 1948. Each time their request was declined.
23. Instead, the bounty system that was instigated in 1923 turned out to be much more fruitful. In 1934 alone, over a period of 6 months, 57,034 bounties were collected.
24. The term ‘Emu War’ had spread like wild fire by end of 1932 and the news even reached Great Britain.
25. The end result of the Emu War was that the flightless birds prevailed and humans with their mighty firepower lost the war. The Emus did eventually leave not because they succumbed to the machine guns but because the crops were harvested and there was nothing left for them to eat.