Knowing these stress facts is going to help you. How? At least you will know what stress can do to you. And…once you know the ill-doings of stress, you can identify whether you are under stress or not. Once identified, you can deploy necessary stress management techniques to make your life better. Go through this article on random stress facts carefully because stress can affect every aspect of your life. Act before it is too late.
Random Stress Facts: 1-5
1. Stress is often dubbed as a silent killer. It is responsible for various health conditions. For example, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, cardiac diseases – all can be caused by stress.
2. Stress never turns your hair grey. However, hair loss is attributed to stress. Weird thing, hair loss due to stress may not be immediate. 3 months after the stressful event took place, hair loss can show up.
3. Body’s neurochemical makeup is altered by stress. In women, this may adversely affect maturation as well as release of eggs.
4. Implantation can also be affected by stress because it can lead to spasm of uterus and fallopian tubes.
5. In men stress can lead to motility, which in turn leads to erectile dysfunction. Stress also adversely affects sperm count.
Random Stress Facts: 6-10
6. If you have acne problem, try not to get stressed or at least, manage your stress properly. Researchers say that acne is caused more by stress than by rise in sebum level. Sebum is the oily substance that is present in the skin and usually is the cause for acne.
7. Of all the causes of death, there are six leading causes – suicide, cancer, liver cirrhosis, lung diseases, heart diseases and accidents. Weirdly, stress is directly linked to all of these causes.
8. Accumulation of abdominal fat is caused by cortisol – the stress hormone in our body. Apart from this stress is also responsible for enlargement of fat cells. Researchers call this condition as ‘diseased fat’.
9. When a person’s spouse become disabled, the person’s stress levels increase because he or she needs to take care of the disable spouse. This stress can then significantly increase the risk of stroke in the able-bodied person.
10. In children, developmental growth can be impaired because of chronic stress. This happens because pituitary gland produces less growth hormones due to stress.