In our last two articles on Nagaland facts, we couldn’t cover everything. So, we decided to create a third article summing up a few more random Nagaland facts. Hopefully, you will find them interesting enough to continue reading…
Random Nagaland Facts: 1-5
1. Nagaland is the only place in world where the Baptist Christians’ proportion is highest.
2. Nagaland is one among only three Indian states which are known to have Christian majority. The other two states are Mizoram and Meghalaya.
3. 1964 was the year when the first Assembly Election was held in the state of Nagaland. Weirdly enough, ever since that day, no woman has been elected as MLA, clearly indicating male dominance in the state. Interestingly, Nagaland follows patriarchal nature of society as opposed to Meghalaya, which is considered as Matriarchal state.
4. Of the total population of Nagaland, 88% are Christians.
5. Census 2011, which is considered as the most accurate census till date, says that Nagaland is India’s smallest state.
You May Also Like 20 Fascinating Seven Sisters of India Facts – Manipur Facts
Random Nagaland Facts: 6-10
6. Nagaland shares her boundaries with 3 Indian states and one foreign country. The three Indian states are Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Manipur. The international border is shared with Myanmar.
7. Though Nagaland is pretty aloof in terms of its location, there is no reason to believe that the state is not connected to rest of India. The airport at Dimapur city connects Nagaland to rest of India.
8. Alder is the state tree for the state of Nagaland.
9. Rhododendron is the state flower for the state of Nagaland.
10. Blyth’s Tragopan is Nagaland’s state bird while Methun is Nagaland’s state animal.