Okay we promise, this is the last article on urine facts. Even we are getting bored by now and we can very well feel the agony you are in. So, let’s get it done as quickly as possible. Just to make you feel better, this final set of OMG urine facts will make you feel light and happy. Of course, you will be left surprised but that’s pretty common by now, ain’t so? So, let’s get started…
OMG Urine Facts: 1-5
1. In Cameroon, if you drink piss, you will have to spend some jail time. That’s a crime you know! Weird Law!
2. There are some cultures in this world where the dye used for tattooing is made of a mixture of coal dust and urine.
3. In Britain, the busses make use of sheep urine. This urine has a special chemical that converts the fuel exhaust into steam and nitrogen, which are harmless to the atmosphere. By doing this, the smog is reduced significantly.
4. Baby bears! Aren’t they cute? Did you know that post-birth, they won’t come out of their dens until the spring comes? During this time, the mama bear feeds her kids (nursing) and then licks the bottom of the cub to make it urinate. The mama bear then drinks that urine to ensure that the den remains clean.
5. Vampire bats are terrible blood suckers but did you know that they don’t drink any more than 2 tablespoon of blood. That much blood makes up 50% of their body weight. Now, once they start drinking blood, they will start urinating simultaneously only 2 minutes after they start sucking out blood. This is necessary because that way, the bats can keep blood’s nutritious part, get rid of unnecessary watery part and stay slim enough to take off!
You May Also Like: 20 Jaw Dropping Urine Facts For You
You May Also Like: 20 Awesome Urine Facts You Need To Know
OMG Urine Facts: 6-10
6. “Constellation Urion”! Heard of that name? Well, here is what you need to know. In space, astronauts of both genders pee into Mr. Thirsty (nickname for a funnel). The funnel has a tube attachment which vacuums in the urine gently and stores it in a tank. When the tank becomes full, the urine is shot out in space where the extreme cold immediately freezes it into ice crystal clouds that look like stars. Constellation Urion is the name given to such icy urine clouds by Wally Schirra – an astronaut.
7. A system is being built in ISS (International Space Station) which can convert urine into water so that it can be reused. Now, NASA has some weird plans. It plans on using rat urine for recycling as well (apart from human urine) because 72 rats pee as much as 1 astronaut.
8. Had you been in Scotland during the medieval times, you could make some easy bucks. All you had to do was to carry a large bucket and a large cloth piece into a public place. People who had to pee could pee in the bucket while you kept the cloth draped around them. In return, you get paid!
9. Ancient Roman governments made some considerable money by installing pay-and-use bathrooms. Not just that. The urine in those bathrooms would be later collected and sold to people using urine for bleaching cloth. That money too was government’s money!
10. Ancient Romans extensively used urine for bleaching linen and wool. They used pee to even tan leather.
You May Also Like: 20 Interesting Farting Facts
OMG Urine Facts: 11-15
11. Elizabethan England wasn’t really any good than the Romans. They also used stale urine for the purpose of dyeing fabric.
12. Penicillin was too precious during the 1930s. So, the urine of people who consumed penicillin was taken and penicillin was extracted from it. It was a method of conserving penicillin.
13. You can actually leak urine when you exercise, sneeze or laugh. This is a medical condition known as Stress Urinary Incontinence.
14. You can create power from urine! There is a company called E3 Technologies which has mastered this art. They create hydrogen out of the urine and get rid of the ammonia ensuring that the toxic material doesn’t escape into air.
15. Men, before the reach the age of 50, have higher pee stream speed compared to women. Women win the race after the age of 50 is achieved.
You May Also Like: 20 Surprising Urine Facts You Should Know
You May Also Like: 20 Facts About Urine That Will Astonish You
OMG Urine Facts: 16-20
16. When people age, they tend to pee more. In case of men, testosterone level drops causing more frequent urination. In women, it is the drop in estrogen level that causes the problem.
17. During pregnancy, women tend to urinate more. This is because the fetus and uterus can push against the bladder or actually sit on it and make it smaller. A smaller bladder means more frequent urination.
18. Also, pregnant women are high on progesterone. This hormone is known for irritating the urinary tract, thereby increasing the feeling that they need to pee more frequently.
19. Women must pee after having sex. This is because of the fact that during sex, the natural bacteria present vagina gets pushed in. This increases the risk of infections. So, peeing is essential as it helps to flush out those bacteria.
20. During orgasm, bladder neck in both male and female closes. This means, for males, semen just cannot flow into the bladder. For women, there is no way you need to pee. It is merely the pleasure feeling. If however, you are squirting, it is majorly pee – says a new research.
You May Also Like: 30 Icky and Interesting Poop Facts
- Goodman, Susan E. Gee Whiz: It’s All about Pee. New York, NY: Penguin Group, 2006.
- Online Sources: 1, 2, 3
Image Credit: Buzzfeed