Joseph Stalin was a well-known political personality of the Soviet Union and also the key driving factor that brought changes in people’s thoughts and revolutionizing developments in the country of Russia.
This great political leader had a significant role in freeing Russian people from the reign of Nazism. Would you like to know more about this political mastermind? Here are the important 20 facts about Joseph Stalin for you:
Facts about Joseph Stalin: 1-5
1. The epic life story of Joseph Stalin was no less than a dominant patriotic leader. His life began as a simple village boy of Gori, Georgia.
2. He was born on December 18, 1879. His father’s name was Besarion Jughashvil.
3. Life was not exactly too kind to the little boy in the beginning. He used to be criticized for his appearance at the age of 7 as some unfortunate smallpox contraction left him with a scarred face and slightly deformed arm.
4. Joseph Stalin was a boy with high spirit. He had a passion for greatness and an astounding enthusiasm to chase the success. Criticism from his peers could never suppress his moral.
5. His mother was highly fascinated by the idea that she could lead her son to a path of greatness if he could become a priest. His mother enrolled him in the church school of Gori.
Facts about Joseph Stalin: 6-10
6. His constant chase for perfection and success helped him gain scholarship to Tifilis Theological Semenary in the year 1894.
7. Despite having great educational achievements in the seminary school, he chose to discontinue his education in 1899 as he decided to join Messame Dassy, an underground organization that used to act in favor of Georgian independence.
8. Speculations are there that Joseph was asked to leave his territory due to his confronting political view for the regime of Nicholas II.
9. He stayed strong on his viewpoint and decided not to return to his place. He continued participating in freedom fighting movements during his stay in the Tiflis.
10. He was first arrested in the year 1902 for an active participation in a labour strike. He was deported to Serbia during that time.
Facts about Joseph Stalin: 11-15
11. He married Ekaterina “Kato” Svanidze in 1906.
12. They had a son named Yakov. Yakov died in a prison in Germany during World War II.
13. Stalin had a second marriage to the daughter of a Russian revolutionary when his first wife perished and his son was just an infant.
14. Joseph Stalin had a very active contribution throughout Russian revolutionary movements. He was often found to call meetings, publish and distribute leaflets, organize strikes and demonstrations.
15. During the initial years of his movement, he used to raise money through robbery, extortion and kidnapping. His Tiflis bank robbery stories defamed his reputation during 1907.
Facts about Joseph Stalin: 16-20
16. 1922 was the year when Joseph Stalin was first appointed as the general secretary of the Communist party.
17. By the year 1924, he took control of his party entirely. He forced many powerfully positioned people in his party to exile to other countries like Europe and America.
18. His thirst for power started to terrorize people and soon he was recognized as the murderous dictators in the history.
19. He signed a nonaggression pact with Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany in 1939.
20. His movement cost millions of lives. Although his effort for industrialization brought economic development, his movement for collectivization of agriculture took many lives.
What Do You Think About The Post?