Kim Jong Il had quite a dominating role in North Korea’s politics. He had a family background of politics. Also, he had quite a controversial career throughout. There are confusions in relation to his birth dates as well. If people had to appreciate anything about this leader, that was his leading ability and role in politics. Let’s find out the 20 most exciting facts about Kim Jong Il.
Facts About Kim Jong Il: 1-5
1. According to sources, North Korea’s Government under Kim’s rule was the most repressive one. His regime used to be most conservative one with no freedom of the press, religion or equal education.
2. If sources have to be believed, the actual date of birth of Kim Jong is February 16, 1942 whereas some people also believe that he was born on 1941.
3. No official record exists about Kin Jong’s marital life. But, sources believe he was officially married once and had three mistresses. People who were nearby Kim believed he had three sons and two daughters named Kim Jong-nam, Kim Jong-chul, Kim Jong-un, Kim Sul-song and Kim Yo-jong.
4. His followers believed Kim had a fear of flying and that’s why he used to travel through armored trains.
5. He was also a huge fan of movies and had a collection of 20,000 DVDs and video tapes. He also produced a movie in 2006.
Facts About Kim Jong Il: 6-10
6. Kin Jong personally used to like basketball.
7. A Sunday Telegraph newspaper once promoted that Kim Jong always used to have US$4 billion deposited in the European banks ready in case he ever had to flee North Korea.
8. He was believed to have born in Vyatskoye village. Kim Il-sung was his father. Kim Jong’s father was married to Kim Jong-suk first, who was Kim’s mother.
9. Kim Jong was 4 years old when the WWII ended.
10. Kim’s mother died while giving childbirth in 1949. But there are also speculations that his mother was shot and left alone to bleed to death.
Facts About Kim Jong Il: 11-15
11. Kim pursued his general education between 1950 and 1960.
12. He took his early education in the People’s Republic of China.
13. Kim had a special interest in politics and involvement in different political issues throughout his schooling.
14. He had active involvement in Children’s union and the Democratic Youth League of North Korea.
15. He had interests in subjects like music, mechanics and agriculture.
Facts About Kim Jong Il: 16-20
16. He was so good in politics that he became the vice chairman of the school’s DYL branch.
17. He received a degree in the English Language Education from the University of Malta.
18. Kim served his country as a North Korean ambassador in Poland and also in the embassies located in Europe.
19. Because Kim’s father was also in a powerful political designation in North Korea, his father always used to appoint Kim in the distant posts to avoid power struggles.
20. Although his early political career went through several controversies, he was an avid follower of excellence and work perfection.