India is a poor country – full of filth and dirt. Streets full of cows and goats and beggars, roads and open spaces are used as garbage dumping stations and defecation space! That’s how some of the western media like the super-biased BBC (operated by propagandists) will portray India. But, that’s not the true face of India. That’s only a minor segment of the vast sub-continent that is always captured in cameras and shown to the world. The question is why?
That’s because, the west, the Europeans, the so called first-world countries cannot accept the fact that India was once a behemoth giant in terms of economic power, scientific knowledge and cultural diversity and despite being looted and pillaged by colonial British forces and the invading Islamic forces prior to that for centuries, India is once again on the verge of regaining her past glory.
Once that happens, the world as we know today will change forever. The era of capitalism where information is censored and made available only for those with money will see a gradual decline as India has always opened up to the world, sharing her knowledge for free. This isn’t in the interest of the so-called first-world nations. So, India being portrayed as a backward nation of filth and garbage is in best interest of them.
Okay… we are deviating from what we intend to share in this article. So, without further ado, let us take you through 20 facts about India that will leave you surprised. If you are an India, feel proud. If you are from another country, acknowledge the facts instead of blabbering.
And yes… this list is just the beginning of a series of articles on the same topic. We are only getting started.
Facts about India: 1-5
1. While those of you who think India is one of the least developed third world countries in world with no signs of development in world, think again. Navi Mumbai in India is world’s largest planned satellite township. Guess what? The British didn’t give that to us. The township was developed back in 1972.
2. And if you think India is nowhere even close to being developed, take it you proud citizens of developed countries, India is world’s first country to have discovered water molecules on our beloved Moon. This happened back in 2009 when Indian space organization called ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) sent Chandrayaan-1. Water was discovered on moon using Moon Mineralogy Mapper. Dear Big Brother NASA, do you have anything to say?
3. While we are talking about ISRO, why not take another case? India became world’s first country to send a satellite to Mars’ orbit and be successful at the very first attempt (launched on November 5, 2013). USA, Russia, UK – no one managed to do that. The satellite sent was named Mangalyaan and the total cost incurred was INR 450 crores (USD 74 million) while NASA sent Maven Mars Orbiter for a cost of whopping USD 672 million! The total cost that each individual Indian bore for the mission was less than INR 4.00 (one autorickshaw ride for shortest distance in Kolkata costs INR 5.00)!
4. ISRO again! This space agency created history again on February 15, 2017 by launching 104 satellites in one go and successfully injecting them in their orbits. Previously the record was held by Russia who launched 37 satellites at one go in year 2014.
5. Once again, ISRO! Did you know that the first communications satellite that ISRO designed and developed was called APPLE or Airane Passenger PayLoad Experiment? Also, did you know that the satellite was actually transported using a bullock cart?
Facts about India: 6-10
6. If that wasn’t enough to surprise you, here is something more! ISRO’s first rocket was transported on cycle. India launched her first rocket (NASA-supplied Nike-Apache rocket) in 1963 and with that, India scripted the beginning of her space exploration.
7. Enough of ISRO for now. Let us take a look at how much the Big Boy – America banks on India. Did you know that 36% of all employees of NASA are from which country? Yes, India!
8. Here’s some more data that will leave you surprised:
- Of all employees of Microsoft, 34 % are Indians.
- Of all employees of IBM, 28% are Indians.
- Of all doctors in America, 38% are Indians.
- Of all employees of Intel, 17% are Indians.
- Of all scientists present in America, 12% are Indians.
USA isn’t the only country where Indians are found in large numbers in best of the best establishments. There are many other countries like the UK, Germany, France and more. We Indians are everywhere.
9. While not related to ISRO, did you know how advanced Indian technology has become? India’s DRDO has given Indian armed forces with Agni series of ballistic missiles that have near pin-point accuracy. Agni V of the series has a range of 5000+ kilometers according to India, making it an ICBM (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile). However, foreign media states that Agni V actually has a range of 8000 kilometers and that India has downplayed the capacity of Agni V. Agni missile series remains the most accurate ballistic missiles in world.
10. Talk of missiles and India possesses BrahMos – world’s fastest cruise missile with a speed of 2.8 Mach. But India didn’t stop there. Currently BrahMos II is under development with a speed of Mach 7 and increased range. Both BrahMos and BrahMos II are a result of joint venture between India and Russia.