Our last article on chocolate facts did not cover everything. So, we decided to come up with another article on awesome chocolate facts. Again, we cannot cover everything in here but we will try to cover the most important ones. So, if you love chocolates or just happen to be hunting for some information, this article is going to provide you some interesting facts about chocolates that you probably didn’t know.
This delicacy that melts in your mouth, makes you feel happy and helps you to cope with your blues is one of the most fascinating food items ever discovered by humans. So, let us quickly learn a few facts about this incredible food which is perhaps the second best thing after pizza.
Awesome Chocolate Facts: 1-5
1. Vanilla is artificially produced on a large scale in this world. Of the total production, 75% is used for only two purposes – making ice creams and flavoring chocolates. – Source
2. Did you know that codeine is less effective than chocolates when it comes to dealing with cough? – Source
3. The total fat content in a chocolate can be reduced by 20% simply by passing it through an electric field. Scientists have actually done this! – Source
4. What is the most important part of a chocolate? It is cocoa. Now, where does this cocoa come from? It comes from a tree known as Theobroma Cacao. This tree is an evergreen tree that belongs to the family called Malvaceae. This means that cocoa is actually a vegetable and his, most of the chocolate is a vegetable. – Source
5. The Aztecs were terribly in love with cacao beans. That’s the reason why when the Aztecs were at the height of their civilization, they used cacao beans as their currency![Wondering why we are saying cacao instead of cocoa? That’s because they are the same thing and are used interchangeably.]
Awesome Chocolate Facts: 6-10
6. Napoleon Bonaparte absolutely loved chocolates. He actually ordered that chocolate and wine should be made available to him as well as senior advisors during military campaigns that were pretty intense! – Source
7. We said that the cocoa or cacao comes from a tree named Theobroma Cacao. The name actually means ‘food of the gods’. – Source
8. The country that eats more chocolates is the country that produces more Nobel Laureates. There is a direct correlation in these two. – Source
9. The Nazis plotted the assassination of Winston Churchill several times. Once they decided to do so by using an exploding chocolate bar. – Source
10. Sometimes chocolate was used for paying soldiers during the Revolutionary War. – Source
Awesome Chocolate Facts: 11-15
11. You have heard of Hershey’s Kisses right? That’s quite a famous chocolate from Hershey’s. Do you know where the name Kisses comes from? In the manufacturing process, the company uses a machine that places the chocolates on a conveyer belt. During this process, the machine actually makes a kissing sound. This is where the name comes from. – Source
12. On a daily basis, about 80 million Kisses are produced by Hershey’s. This means that the total production in one year if placed in a single line, it will make a line which is 300,000 miles long! – Source
13. We know of three types of chocolates – the dark chocolate, the white chocolate and milk chocolate. There is another one! It is known as the Blonde Chocolate. – Source
14. You must have eaten the chocolate Milky Way. Do you know where the name comes from? Not the galaxy Milky Way. The chocolate was intended to taste like malted milkshakes and that’s where the name comes from. – Source
15. The first chocolate bar was made in year 1872. It was made by Cadbury.
Awesome Chocolate Facts: 16-20
16. According to researchers, dark chocolate helps to increase blood flow into brain. This in turn helps to improve the problem solving skills, attention span and memory of an individual. – Source
17. Italian researchers say that women who eat chocolate regularly have higher levels of sexual arousal and desire and have better sex lives compared to those women who do not eat chocolates.
19. There are two types of cocoa beans – the crillo beans and the forastero beans. The latter is used for all modern-day chocolate production. However, crillo beans actually make chocolates taste better. Only reason why forastero beans are used is that they are easier to grow. – Source
20. A cacao tree can live for up to 200 years but it will produce usable cocoa beans for only 25 years! That’s sad.
What Do You Think About The Post?