Appetizers – we love to have them alongside a cup of coffee, or sometimes with a glass of beer. People have their different views. What do you like? Did you hear about Crostino before? It’s an amazing Italian starter made of some very specific ingredients. Would you like to know a bit more about it? Here are some 18 facts about Crostino:
Facts about Crostino: 1-6
1. The main ingredient, which is the base of the appetizer, is garlic bread.
2. You add small slices of different toppings to it. Flavors or topping choices are up to you.
3. You can choose meat, cheese and varieties of vegetables as toppings.
4. They’re easy to make and simply mouthwatering.
5. The Italian word Crostini is used to mean little toasts. This is probably will be the accurate description of the food.
6. You’ll find this in most Italian bars. There is a tactic to use it for the benefit of the bar.
Facts about Crostino: 7-12
7. Some bars use the plain Crostini. The salty and oily taste of the toast are like stimulator. It encourages to drink more.
8. Breads are known to assist with digestion.
9. Some food corners can also serve it as a side dish with the main course like steak tartare.
10. They should be small sized food items. Usually a bite size. The cut of the bread is important. The bread is baked before brushing olive oil on it.
11. This Crostini is also eaten with soups.
12. The Crostini is served with the soup. It floats on it. The toasts are very hard and the soup makes them soft when they dissolve into the soup completely, an ideal combination.
You May Also Like: Bresaola Facts
Facts about Crostino: 13-18
13. You got to be a little particular about its preparation. It’s preparation procedure isn’t very tough though.
14. You’ll need Italian bread to make the toast. You can make fine cuts of the bread and decorate with the toppings.
15. You can top it with cheese or some other vegetables.
16. The taste of the bread also varies greatly according to the choice of toppings. For example, the type of cheese you use will make it taste better or mediocre.
17. The baked or grilled bread slices can be kept locked within an airtight container until you need to use them. It’ll keep the bread slices crunchy and fresh for a long time.
18. Keep the toppings ready aside so that you can just top the baked bread with the topping when you need.
What Do You Think About The Post?