In case you are tried of reading facts on specific topics, we are going to give you something different this time – a set of 15 random facts that will simply blow your mind! It is very unlikely that you are already aware of these facts. Anyway, why not test your knowledge today? Good thing, you can always use them to play smart or even use them for your school quiz competitions!
Random Facts: 1-5
1. Consumption of alcohol brings structural changes in neuron; we become more sensitive to alcohol and keep craving for more.
2. The months which start with Sunday have 13th on Friday.
3. Do you know why purple is considered as a royal colour? The colour came from sea snails which made it extremely difficult to extract the dye and hence only the royalty could afford.
4. Do you think “Tom and Jerry” is just a cartoon? It was used as slang in Britain in 1800s meaning “to fight and cause trouble”.
5. Aren’t you addicted to Game of Thrones? One of the writers George R.R. Martin publicized that it started off as stories about his pet turtles.
Random Facts: 6-10
6. You walked through a doorway and you forgot what for you entered the room. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? It happens due to memory lapses. Stop your thoughts right there! It is not similar to forgetting. Contrary to our imagination, it depicts an organised mind.
7. Another reason to be jealous of dancers – good dancers have good health and high reproductive potential which makes them more attractive.
8. If you feel cold the next time, try watching some feel-good romantic movie which makes you feel warm from inside as we seek psychological warmth when we feel physically cold.
9. According to psychology, if a person really loves you he would forgive you ultimately irrespective of how angry he is.
10. The feeling that you get that other person’s skin is soft is an illusion. It strengthens social bonding between people and encourages you to touch more and sees to it that you are enjoying the touch.
Random Facts: 11-15
12. If trained, dogs can smell the scent of lung cancer before the symptoms could appear.
13. We have a tendency to share our personal information to the people who have good sense of humour.
15. You want to get promotion? If yes, then smile often at workplace as people who smile are more likely to get promoted than the ones who don’t.