Dinosaurs ruled Earth for more than 150 million years until they were wiped out some 65 million years ago. Scientists have discovered fossils of some of the earliest known dinosaurs. One of them is Adeopapposaurus. Let us learn 10 interesting Adeopapposaurus facts and find out a little bit about its diet, habitat and physical structure.
[wc_box color=”inverse” text_align=”left”]
At a glance
Lived: 200 million years ago.
Species: A. mognai.
Interesting Adeopapposaurus Facts: 1-10
1. Adeopapposaurus is a Greek term which means far-eating lizard.
2. This dinosaur lived during the Early Jurassic period some 200 million years ago.
3. The pronunciation for Adeopapposaurus is AD-ee-oh-PAP-oh-SORE-us.
4. This dinosaur belongs to the species A. mognai. It was first described in 2009 by paleontologist Ricardo N. Martinez.
5. Adeopapposaurus thrived in the woodlands of South America.
6. Scientists believe that Adeopapposaurus was as a quadruped but whenever necessary, it was capable of walking on two legs.
7. It was an herbivore dinosaur and lived mostly on Early Jurassic plants.
8. As far as its size is concerned, the fossil records show that it grew up to a length of 10 feet and weighed no more than 150 pounds.
9. The distinguishing features of the Adeopapposaurus included a horny beak and a long tail and long neck.
10. Though this dinosaur looked similar to the gigantic sauropods of later periods, it was way smaller than the sauropods.