Here’s the second instalment of daily random facts for you. 20 surprising random facts that you don’t want to miss.
701. Once Charlie Chaplin decided to go into a competition of Charlie Chaplin lookalike. He became third.
702. When Steve Buscemi (actor) was a child, he was hit by a car and by a but in two separate incidents.
703. If a bottle of wine is tested and found to be free of cesium 137, it means that the wine was made before 1945 and before the nuclear age began.
704. A single drop of venom from Beaked Sea Snake is capable of killing 3 adult humans!
705. Apple stores and analyzes every word you say to Siri.
706. Cats don’t communicate with each other by meowing. They meow for communicating with humans.
707. 1/3rd of all air pollution in San Francisco comes directly from China.
708. The money you pay as ransom to any kidnapper in USA is considered tax-deductible.
709. There are 31 states in USA where a rapist has the right of suing for getting child custody if the rape he committed results in pregnancy.
710. Dr. Joseph E. Smith and his medical team were the ones who conducted the first ever kidney transplant back in 1954 in Boston.
711. If children play violent and scary video games, they can actually master all their fears in their own real lives.
712. “Don’t be Evil” – that’s Google’s unofficial slogan.
713. The modern office chair was actually a brain child of Charles Darwin who was the first person in world to attach wheels on an office chair.
714. Kazakhstan has a lake called Lake Chagan. It was created by a nuclear explosion. As of today, people can swim in the lake because the radiations have decayed to harmless levels.
715. Almost same ingredients are used by both bread and beer.
716. The Kamikaze pilots of Japan had the permission to return only and only if they didn’t find a suitable target. One pilot returned 9 times and was shot dead.
717. In India, inmates actually practice yoga and for this, their jail sentences are reduced. Interestingly, very few of such inmates have returned back to criminal way of life after being released. This is the story of Bhopal Central Jail.
718. Since 2000, nearly 50% of the Fortune 500 list’s companies have simply disappeared!
719. In Mannheim, Germany, a bizarre thing happened in 1853. People but Venus de Milo statue on trial. The reason was that the statue was nude.
720. 3 pints of ice cream is given for free to every employee of Ben and Jerry’s every single day!