41. Giraffes sleep anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours. Just like horses, they never lie down.
42. Let’s talk about wars. The longest war was fought from 1651 to 1986 between Netherlands and Isles of Scilly while the shortest one was Anglo Zanzibar war which lasted for a mere 38 minutes.
43. Researchers of Princeton turned a live cat into an operating telephone. Wonder if they used live cat turned telephone even once.
44. Ever wondered what D stands for in “D-day”?? well, it stands for day. Yea, another way to say D-day is to say it day day. Weird, isn’t it??
45. The oldest parliament is of Iceland’s. It is running since 930 till date.
46. George Washington’s teeth consisted of lead, gold, ivory and a mix of animal and human teeth according to 2005 research.
47. If you think morning exercise helps you more in increasing your muscle strength, then you are gravely mistaken. You gain 20% more muscle strength if you work out in the afternoons.
48. A driver’s license can be taken away if he is considered to be unbathed or not properly dressed. This happens in Athens, Greece.
49. You surely can’t beat snail in sleeping no matter how much you sleep. It can stay dozed off for 3 years at a stretch.
50. Egg is not one thing an ostrich is famous for. They can run faster than horses and the male ostrich can roar like lions.
51. A note for all vegans out there, most lipsticks contain fish scales. Ladies, think twice before you wear your lipstick next time and gentlemen, well, make sure you don’t lick that lipstick off the next time you get romantic.
52. There is one phobia which is omnipresent, irrespective of region, religion, race etc., and that is Pentheraphobia – it is the fear of mother-in-law.
53. You must know that your fingernails grow 4 times faster than your toenails but did you know that if you are right-handed your right fingernails will grow faster than the left hand and vice versa?
54. Everyone knows Leonardo da Vinci was a genius. He did almost everything. But did you know that he was dyslexic? Dyslexia is a reading disorder where the person though has normal intelligence has problem reading.
55. Next time you want to check if the eggs you bought are fresh or not, try this. Put the eggs in water and the eggs which sink are fresh and the ones which float aren’t.
56. Did you know that to inform the female that it is time for mating, a male porcupine pisses on the female. Isn’t it weird?
57. Genetics is more complex than we could imagine. Grandmothers who smoke when they are pregnant are more likely to have grandchildren suffering from asthma even when mothers don’t smoke.
58. Rats are not that different from humans. When they are sober, they prefer silence but when they are high on cocaine they prefer jazz.
59. Beards is associated with society in a very twisted way. It is seen that if there are more men in a society then it is highly likely that they grow more hair to attract mates.
60. In Singapore, it is illegal to own or sell chewing gum.