381. The word fart is mostly seen in a disgusting way but the word originated from Old English word “feortan” which means to break wind.
382. On an average, a person farts enough to fill a balloon of medium size.
383. The foods that are to be blamed most for farting are broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, eggs, kale, beans etc. Lucky enough for us, they don’t produce the stink that everyone is terrified about.
384. Who said farts can’t be measured? There is an instrument called as ‘rectal catheter’ which is inserted inside the anus to know the volume of the gas produced in fart.
385. We already told you that the horrible smell that comes from farts is because of hydrogen sulphide but did you know that only 1% of fart is hydrogen sulphide and it is sufficient enough to…well you know, what we mean, don’t you?
386. Women lead when it comes to stinker farts. Thanks to high Hydrogen sulphide present in their farts.
387. Did you know that you get accustomed to the nose-shattering smell of your fart? Yes, it is scientifically proven that you will get adjusted to the smells your body produces no matter how bad they are, but that is not the case with others.
388. Sigmund Freud missed on this one. Farting is sometimes used as defensive mechanism.
389. Apart from the embarrassment, farting is good and holding farts does nothing good for your health. It may cause problems like headaches, haemorrhoids etc.
390. Now you won’t believe this fart fact. Inhaling stinker farts is good for your health. The hydrogen sulphide that you inhale helps in preventing strokes, dementia, cancer and aids in reversing the effects of mitochondrial damage.
391. After you read this fact, you don’t want to call anyone tight ass. The tighter one’s ass is, the louder will be that person’s fart.
392. There are some crazy people who call themselves as ‘flatulists’ or ‘professional farters’.
393. You can be a professional fart smeller, only if you are in China. Guess what? You can earn there around 50,000 USD a year just to smell farts and tell which digestive problem they have. Now, that’s some task.
394. Dogs love the smell of farts. That is one of the reasons why they sniff at everyone’s butts.
395. There is a brand of legumes (beans in particular) which claims that the brand’s beans supply the same nutrients as the other beans but not the flatulence. What’s more? They got patent for that brand too.
396. Clothing industry can go to any extremes just to spread its business. There is a whole line of clothes which are “fart filtering” which means the smell is trapped inside the dress and can’t escape. If you want to buy or gift someone, Shreddies is one such company which sells these kinds of clothes.
397. As if that wasn’t enough, scientists have now come up with pills which can turn your stinker farts to nice chocolaty or rose flavored farts.
398. It is easy to fart in airplanes because of the cabin pressure, our intestines build up more gas than it would when we are on ground.
399. That is not enough for you? Well, 50% of the air in airplanes gets recirculated and you get to smell those farts again and again.
400. Can you believe that farting can be a fetish too? Yes, there are some amazing set of people who get sexually aroused by farts and that is termed as ‘eproctophilia’.