Though some phobias are funny to hear, one must remember that all phobias have some or the other traumatic experiences or the person has witnessed some terrifying event and is sometimes related to schizophrenia and major clinical depression. Another common thing about phobias is that the individuals suffering from any phobia know that it is an irrational fear that they are having but still they cannot get over it. Let us today learn about 20 weird phobias that will make your jaws drop.
Weird Phobias: 1-5
1. Allodoxaphobia – It is the fear of opinions. The individual with such phobia will do anything and everything just to avoid listening to other people’s opinions. If anyone makes that person sit and starts talking and giving opinions be sure to see that person’s palms get sweaty, his heartbeat increases etc. It would be surprising for many to know that medication is given to the people who suffer from this phobia. Doctors and psychologists believe that this phobia mostly arises when the individual’s opinions are not heard and when he is convinced that he is not good enough for the social setting.
2. Arachibutyrophobia – It is the fear of peanut butter sticking to one’s palette. It may seem funny and hard to believe but people with such phobia do exist in this world. They are not afraid of peanut butter as such but the very thought of peanut butter sticking to the roof of their mouth will send chills down their spines. While some may just be afraid of peanut butter but others show this phobic reaction to anything which is made of peanuts and anything which has peanuts in it. It mostly goes hand in hand with the “Pseudodysphagia” which is a phobia of choking of viscous textures but sometimes only this phobia is present in people.
3. Basophobia or Basiphobia – It is the fear of standing or walking. Now it is weird even to imagine a person having such phobia but it is mostly seen in the people who have met with terrible accidents recently and are dead scared to walk again.
4. Caligynephobia – Everyone loves women (well, if they aren’t misogynists) and absolutely everyone enjoys the company of beautiful women except the people who have this phobia. Yes, your guess is right, Caligynephobia is the fear of beautiful women. It can go to such an extent that the person with such phobia experiences rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath etc., even when watching beautiful women on TV or YouTube etc. It is also called as Venustraphobia.
5. Chrometophobia – Just like the above said phobia, it is hard to believe that this kind of phobia really exists especially in such a materialistic world. It is the fear of money. It is also called as Chrematophobia. Its impact ranges from person to person that is, some people may completely shun to use money in their daily lives whereas some other people may become obsessed with whatever money they have and they are scared of losing it.