Magnesium Random Facts: 11-15 | Magnesium Trivia
11. Magnesium is a vital mineral even for plants. It is present in each and every single chlorophyll molecule found in a plant and is essential for the process of photosynthesis.
12. Insufficient Magnesium intake in human body can lead to a number of serious health problems including metabolic syndrome, sleep disturbances, osteoporosis, heart disease, diabetes etc.
13. At birth, the amount of Magnesium present in body is 750 mg. By the time an infant grows up to the age of 4 months to 5 months, the amount of Magnesium in the body grows to nearly 5 grams. By the time the child grows into an adult, the Magnesium amount in the body grows to 25 grams.
14. China is world’s largest Magnesium producer, accounting for 80% of world production.
15. There is much more Magnesium beneath the crust of Earth than what is present in the crust of Earth.
Magnesium Random Facts: 16-20 | Magnesium Trivia
16. The two most widely used structural metals are iron and aluminum (in that order). The 3rd position is taken by Magnesium because it is not only light but also strong.
17. In 1600’s the world renowned Epsom spring was discovered in England. The water from this spring was used as blood purifier and for internal remedy. A person called Nehemia Grew extracted Magnesium sulfate from the water of Epsom spring in 1695. That was the origin of Epsom salt.
18. During pregnancy, women can face two common problems called acute myocardial infraction and acute eclampsia. Both these conditions are treated using Magnesium regularly.
19. Grignard reagents are a type of organic Magnesium compounds that are needed in organic chemistry for synthesis reactions.
20. There are various Magnesium compounds that are widely used for medicinal purposes such as Epsom Salts (sulfates of Magnesium), Milk of Magnesia (Magnesium hydroxide), Magnesium citrate, Magnesium chloride etc.
That concludes our list of Magnesium random facts. In case you want to add a few more, feel free to drop comments.