Urine! Well, there is something incredible about this. For instance, your bladder may be full but you can hold your pee for some time. Unfortunately though, when you get closer to a toilet, the urgency to pee increases manifolds! There’s many more of those surprising facts. So, let’s take an incredible journey into the world of urine facts or pee facts. We are sure, your jaws will stay dropped for some time.
Jaw Dropping Urine Facts: 1-5
1. Would you believe if we say that birds don’t urinate at all? Yes, that is true! Birds are by design lightweight and carrying water will make them heavy. So, what they do is convert the nitrogen into uric acid and poop it out along with solid waste. Take a good look at bird poop. The white pasty material is uric acid and the remaining brown and green matter is the feces. So, you can actually say that birds to pee but in form of poop.
2. Urine bladders are completely absent in snakes. What does that mean? They need to pee as soon as urine is created! They just can’t hold it.
3. Oceans and seas are all made of urine. We don’t say this. This is what Native Americans say because they believe that gods became angry and they urinated in attempt to drown this whole world.
4. Ancient Romans were quite gross when it came to teeth whitening. They used to rinse their mouths with their own urine because they thought that would gift them pearly whites!
5. If that is not enough, take this – urine is a remedy for toothache. Well, again, we are not the ones saying this. It was Pierre Fauchard – a French Physician of 18th century who said this and recommended this. He is considered as Modern Dentistry’s father.
Jaw Dropping Urine Facts: 6-10
6. Flapdragons! If you have studied the history of Dutch and English during 16th century, you might have heard of this word. That’s what those people used to drink to toast someone’s health. What really were Flapdragons? Nothing special. It was just urine.
7. There is a voodoo curse out there to give you kidney disease. How does it work? The person cursing you will take your urine, put it in a bottle along with herbs, nails and needles and wedge the bottle into a narrow tree hole. Voila! You will have kidney disease.
8. Insects aren’t avid lovers of cow pee. So, African farmers have found an interesting way to keeping those nasty creatures away from cotton plants by spraying the plants with cow pee.
9. This may sound really gross to you but scientists are actually working on genetically modifying mice so that they can grow human drugs in their urinary bladder and then pee the drugs out.
10. In Kolkata (Calcutta), India some zookeepers were caught red-handed drugging rhinoceroses so that they would pee more. Why like that? Those zookeepers would then sell the rhino urine as an ingredient of medicine.