Here we are, with yet another article on mangoes facts. In the last two articles, we didn’t cover much of the health benefits of mangoes. This article on mangoes facts intends to do so. Thus, if you are concerned about your health, this is one article you should not miss. Let us begin with our article without wasting further time.
Interesting Mangoes Facts: 1-5
1. It is said that a cup of a fresh mango serving offers 100 calories. The same amount of mango will offer 3 grams filling fiber. So, once you eat mangoes, you will feel fuller, thanks to the fiber.
2. 83% of a mango’s weight is made up of water. Why are we saying this? Penn State University researchers say that if you eat food which has lower energy density but high water content, you will feel fuller but end up eating less.
3. What’s the fuss about feeling fuller anyways? Well, the aforementioned points simply indicate that if you are trying to cut on your sugary food consumption and candies too, mangoes can help because of their natural sweetness and high fiber content.
4. Baylor College of Medicine and Louisiana State University researchers took data of food consumption for 29,000 adults and children. They found that those who eat mangoes have higher amounts of potassium and fiber in their overall diet. Those who don’t eat mangoes had lower amounts of those really important nutrients in their overall diet.
5. In the above study it was also found that adults who ate mangoes ended up eating less of sodium and sugar. So, the likelihood of those people becoming overweight was also low.
Interesting Mangoes Facts: 6-10
6. Not just that, adults who ate mangoes had one more edge. They had less amount of C-reactive protein in their body. This is a good thing because C-reactive protein cause bloodstream inflammation, which can later lead to chronic diseases.
7. Mangoes are really rich in antioxidants. Almost all varieties of mangoes have same amount of antioxidants.
8. The most abundant antioxidants in mangoes are Vitamin C, beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, mangiferin, gallic acid and vanillic acid. Did you know antioxidants are effective against diseases like Type 2 Diabetes, cardiac diseases etc.
9. Do not be surprised but yes, antioxidants are effective against cancer too. They scavenge the cancer-causing free radicals, which are known to damage DNA, cell membranes and proteins. So, eat mangoes.
10. Mangoes are super rich in nutrients. They are rich in fiber, minerals, phytonutrients and vitamins.