If our last list of Japan facts weren’t surprising enough, here is another list of truly insane Japan facts that you will just love to read. Some of them are literally shocking and unbelievable but they are as true as the Sun or the Moon or the Earth or the air we breathe or the water we drink. So, let us waste time no further and begin with our list of bizarre facts about Japan.
Insane Japan Facts: 1-5
1. Every single year, Japanese people use as many as 24 billion chopstick pairs! Source
2. Kanamara Matsuri is a penis and fertility festival that is celebrated in Japan every year. Source
3. In Japan, black cats are not considered bad luck. In fact, they are looked up on as bringers of good luck. Source
4. Ronald McDonald is called by the name Donald McDonald in Japan. The reason is not a result of mockery or something like that. Japanese language doesn’t have a proper ‘R’ sound and hence, Ronald is pronounced as Donald. Source
Insane Japan Facts: 6-10
6. People having tattoos on their bodies can be unlucky because they can be barred from entering public bath houses and hot springs in Japan. Source
7. The amount of paper used for comics in Japan is way more than what the Japanese use for toilet paper. Source
8. There is a Japanese Island that is actually full of rabbits. Those who love rabbits will have a real good time there.
9. While Japan doesn’t really have a good image when one talks of WWII, it turns out that Japan actually accepted Jewish refugees and completely ignored the protests made by Nazi Germans. Source
10. Japan has a levitating train. It actually floats right above the tracks using principles of magnetism. The train is super fast and can reach speeds of up to 500 kilometers per hour. Source