We have done articles on some insane facts, fun facts and bizarre facts about Thailand. We did however miss out on the random Thailand facts that are good to increase your knowledge. In this article, we will cover those remaining Thailand trivia so that you can polish your existing knowledge about the country and make your knowledge more profound. So, let’s begin…
Random Thailand Facts: 1-5
1. Thailand has four international borders. The countries with which Thailand shares borders are:
- Myanmar (which was previously known as Burma) to the north as well as west.
- Laos sits to Thailand’s north as well as east.
- To the southeast is Cambodia.
- Malaysia is one the south of Thailand.
2. In terms of size, Thailand is the 51st largest country in world. If we are to compare it with United States of America, Thailand is a tad larger than Wyoming. The overall area covered by Thailand is 198,115 square miles.
3. Of the total population of Thailand, 14% are Chinese people, 75% are Thai and remaining 11% are of other origins.
4. In Thailand, nuclear families are pretty rare. Extended large families are very common in the nation.
5. Dense hardwood forests once entirely covered the northern parts of Thailand. This is the story of some 100 years before present. However, deforestation at high rate has now left only 1/4th of the forest standing.
You May Also Like: 20 Interesting Thailand Facts You Might Like
Random Thailand Facts: 6-10
6. In Southeast Asia, Thailand stands in second position in terms of total forest loss. The country that beats Thailand in this area is Singapore.
7. To prevent further loss of forests in Thailand, the Thai government has completely banned logging.
8. It is not unusual to see traffic police in Bangkok wearing a face mask. The reason for is that Bangkok has extremely high levels of air pollution.
9. Police stations in Bangkok are stuffed with oxygen tanks just in case officers get overwhelmed by exhaust fumes.
10. It is really serious that every police officer in Bangkok has some kind of lung disease because of the pollution in the city.
You May Also Like: 20 Thailand Fun Facts You Should Read Right Now