In our previous article on apple facts we didn’t cover much. It was a short and quick article. In this article we intend to cover a few more facts that you will find interesting. If you need some school homework done or if you are hunting for simple knowledge, this article on apple facts will help you. Ready?
Interesting Apple Facts: 1-10
1. The Chinese word for apple is ‘ping’. This word also means peace.
2. In Canada there is a national apple. Its name is McIntosh.
3. Apple is not a good source of calcium but is still good for bones. This is because they have boron in them.
5. Boron in apple also improves mental awareness and memory in humans.
6. Menopausal women should eat apples more frequently. This is because apples help to boost estrogen levels in such women.
8. Apple is a good source of antioxidants like procyanidin B2, epicatechin and quercetin. These antioxidants are known for combating harmful effects of free radicals in body.
9. Apple also contains beta-carotene and Vitamin C. Beta-carotene fulfills the need of Vitamin A and helps to combat many diseases such as cataract, epilepsy, depression, cancer Read more about beta-carotenes here.
10. Vitamin C in apple is very important because this vitamin is known to protect body against infections. Also, it is an antioxidant and hence scavenges free radicals that are pro-inflammatory and harmful.