We have already done two articles on apple fruit facts. However, we decided to go for a third one because the previous two weren’t enough for covering all the facts. This article on apple fruit facts in particular will focus on those facts which are specific to USA, well, most of them! So, if you are from USA, you are going to find this article pretty interesting. Let’s start:
Interesting Apple Fruit Facts: 1-10
1. The fear of apples is known as Malusdomesticaphobia. People fear apples, really?
2. North America has only one native apple. It is known as the Crabapple.
3. Michigan’s state flower is…guess, guess… you can’t? It is apple blossom.
4. Of the total 7,500 apple variants grown worldwide, 2,500 variants are grown in USA.
5. Of the 2,500 variants, only 100 variants are produced for commercial purpose!
6. Apples are grown in all 50 American states.
7. As we said, there are many varieties of apples and their sizes differ too. The smallest is the size of a grape. The largest is of the size of grapefruit.
8. 3 pounds is the weight of the largest apple that was ever picked!
9. The only reason apples are capable of growing farther north is that they prevent frost damage. Why so? Because apples blossom in late spring and are harvested in autumn.
10. The typical size of an apple orchard in America is 50 acres.