Today is our 2nd birthday (technically it was 13th of April when we created our first post but we consider it as 30th April because that’s when we submitted our website to Google for indexing for the first time) and hence, we decided to do this article on birthday facts. We all celebrate birthdays, throw parties, enjoy great food and spend some quality time with family and friends. However, we always focus on the birthday celebrations (which is definitely what we should do) and never think of interesting birthday facts in general. In this article, we will give you some of the most mind-boggling facts about birthdays that will excite you. So, if you are ready, let us begin!
Interesting Birthday Facts: 1-10
1. If we take account of all birthdays in a year all over the world, which month do you think will have the maximum number of birthday celebrations? Any guesses? Well, it is August!
2. So, precisely what percentage of total birthdays are celebrated in August? 9% of all birthdays in the world in a given year!
3. The other two months that follow August closely in terms of number of birthdays celebrated in a month are July and September.
4. Throughout the world, every single year, 2 billion + birthday cards are sent. Well, that may be quite less considering the total number of people living on earth but we need to consider the fact that birthday cards aren’t popular everywhere in world.
5. Birthday cards are extremely popular in US though. Why so? That’ because 58% of all cards that are purchased in US are actually birthday cards!
6. If you think you are a spoiled brat and you spend enormous amounts of money on your birthday celebrations, think again! You can’t compete with Sultan of Brunei. The party he threw on his 50th birthday had cost him $27.2 million (we are speaking of US Dollars).
7. So, where and how did he spend so much money. Well, we can’t give you penny-to-penny details but yes, he organized for 3 concerts, all of which featured Michael Jackson. Those three concerts collectively cost him $16 million. Rest of the money was spent for other stuff of course.
8. Anne Frank’s diary – we have read of it or at least heard of it. It is world famous. Did you know it was actually her birthday present that she got on her 13th birthday?
9. One of the most popular figures in world who died on his birthday was William Shakespeare. Did you know that he died on the very day he turned 52 years old? He was born on April 23, 1564 and he died on April 23, 1616.
10. There is something known as Golden Birthday. Every single person has this birthday. Do you know which birthday is that? Well, it can never be greater than 31st birthday and it can never be smaller than 1st birthday. Can you guess now? Let us clarify. Golden Birthday is that birthday when a person’s date of birth and his or her age is exactly the same. This means that if a person’s date of birth is say 14th of a month and he or she turns 14, his or her 14th birthday will be the Golden Birthday.