Till now, all the urine facts that we did were mostly concentrated on things that can be classified as gross, funny or cultural practices. We barely spoke about anything that had a scientific bend. This article will focus on that aspect. Yes, we will talk science and hence, you get to know some intricate details about your wee or pee or piss or urine that are really worth knowing. Roll up your sleeves and pull up your socks. This article is going to be one highly informative article that you might need to refer back to at some point in life.
Awesome Urine Facts: 1-5
1. Did you know that when a woman urinates, some urine is left in the urethra. That urine is also released but not by any bodily functions. It is the enigmatic gravity that does the job.
2. Even men have some leftover urine in urethra after peeing. Gravity plays NO role in emptying that. For men, muscles called bulbospongiosus muscles contract and expand several times to squeeze out the remaining piss.
3. Urethra in men is from where the urine and the seminal fluid flow out. But, did you know that urine and seminal fluid will never flow out of the urethra simultaneously?
4. Urination is not the scientific term of peeing. The scientific term is Micturition. However, there are some commonly used words for urination, which are – peeing, weeing, voiding, emiction and pissing.
5. Urine gets its color from a pigment present in bile. Bile pigments are also responsible for the color of our poop.
You May Also Like: 20 Jaw Dropping Urine Facts For You
Awesome Urine Facts: 6-10
6. You know what will happen if bile pigments are absent in piss and in poop? Piss will become crystal clear and colorless like water while poop will assume an ashy white color.
7. The color that our urine gets is because of a specific bile pigment known as urobilin. This pigment has a reddish-yellow-brown color.
8. Kidneys are awesome. Did you know that in your entire lifetime, your kidneys will be cleaning as much as a million gallons of water. That’s enough water to fill a decent-sized lake.
9. Fresh urine will either have very little smell or no smell. On the contrary, stored urine or the stale one will have a strong odor. That odor comes from breaking down of urea into the poisonous ammonia. The forces behind such breakdown are bacteria.
10. Asparagus aroma is the world’s most popular fragrance of pee. Though we say it as ‘asparagus aroma’, it is not really something you will like. It has a foul and eggy odor. This odor comes when asparagus is digested and compounds containing sulfur are released.
You May Also Like: 20 Surprising Urine Facts You Should Know