Talk of world’s most ruthless serial killers and the first name that pops up is the Luis Alfredo Garavito Cubillos. No other killer in this world matches the deeds of this man whose victims were none other than young boys. Girls were pretty much safe from the wrath of this killer. So, let us not waste time any further and learn 15 interesting Luis Alfredo Garavito Cubillos facts.
Interesting Luis Alfredo Garavito Cubillos Facts: 1-7
1. Better known as “La Bestia” or “The Beast”, Luis Alfredo Garavito Cubillos was one of the most ruthless serial killers of all times with 139 confirmed/proven murders but he confessed of 147 murders.
2. Apart from the proven and confessed numbers, it is believed that this man was responsible for more than 300 murders based on the maps he drew while in prison.
3. Local media dubbed this man as the ‘world’s worst serial killer’ because of the sheer number of his victims.
4. Luis Alfredo Garavito Cubillos is also known by different other names which include ‘Tribilin’, ‘El Cura’ and ‘El Loco’. Garavito was also known by the name ‘Bonifacio Morera Lizcano’.
5. His victims were only boys between the age group 8 and 16. The victims were usually street children, peasant children and other poor children.
6. Garavito used to gain their trust by offering those children some gifts or money and then took them for a long walk. Once the children became tired, he would molest and rape those kids and then murder them.
7. Garavito used to either cut his victims’ throats or stab them with screwdrivers or knives and then dismember their bodies. Investigation of several corpses showed signs of prolonged torture.