Traveling around the world, you will often come across some of the most disgusting foods you can think of. Then again, you will also experience some of the most delicious food you can think of. However, you will often find that no matter how tasty a food is, it has one hell of a stupid name. The Beggar’s Chicken is one such food. It is really tasty but its name is quite misleading. Let us, in this article titled 15 interesting Beggar’s Chicken facts, find out what this food is all about. You ready?
Interesting Beggar’s Chicken Facts: 1-7
1. You might be inclined to think that the Beggar’s Chicken is a dish prepared especially for beggars. If you are thinking so, you are wrong! It is a delicacy sold in restaurants.
2. This dish is actually a Chinese dish and like several other Chinese delicacies, this dish also gets its name from a legend.
3. This originally came from Changshu district of Jiangsu province.
4. The dish, as the name suggests is actually a chicken. However, it is not a curry or something. It is roasted chicken with the speciality being that the chicken is stuffed and the wrapped in clay and finally roasted for 6 hours.
5. That’s quite a long time to roast a chicken especially if you come to know that one Beggar’s Chicken cooked over 6 hours is enough only for a single serving!
6. What is used as stuffing? Well, there is no such thing as standard rule. Different people stuff different ingredient inside the chicken.
7. Stuffing varies widely. The most widely used stuffing is actually a mixture of pork, mushrooms and vegetables.